Congratulations on your engagement! Now that you’ve got the ring, the planning begins. Between the venue, the dresses, the guest list, and the menu – there are so many decisions to make! Not the least of your choices is the actual wedding date, which has to coordinate with travel schedules, work schedules, and location availability. As you maneuver your way through the calendar, the expert wedding planners at Griffin’s Floral Designs thought we might help out with a few dates you may wish to avoid in the coming year. After all, we have seen our share of Columbus weddings, and we have learned a thing or two along the way.
* Don’t Double Book Your Loved Ones – If there is already a personally significant day for your family – such as a graduation celebration or anniversary party – stay away from that weekend. You don’t want your family to have to choose.
* Avoid Holiday Headaches – Holiday weekends seem like the perfect time to host a wedding, especially if they provide a long weekend. However, many people may have annual traditions they may not want to miss. Holiday traffic can be heavy, travel can be far more expensive, and hotels are often harder to book.
* Don’t Steal their Thunder – Mother’s and Father’s Day both occur on Sundays. Although the weather is likely perfect, you’ll want to consider if this is how your parents (and your guests) will want to spend these days set aside for them.
* Respecting their Religion – Regardless of your religious beliefs, your friends and guests may find it impossible to attend your wedding based upon their convictions. Easter Sunday, Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur all occur on weekends in 2017.
* Don’t Compete with Sports – Superbowl Sunday and March Madness both occur over weekends, and sports fanatics may have a tough time tearing themselves away. If you are planning on rehearsal dinners and other events surrounding your wedding, the sports fans in your wedding party may request that you provide a television.
In the end, your wedding is just that – yours. But planning with your guests in mind will help you to have a day filled with all of the people you love surrounding you.
When you want to plan the very best of Columbus weddings, your first call should be to Griffin’s Floral Designs. We not only provide stunning wedding floral artistry but are experts in complete event conceptualization – wedding linen rentals, accent lighting, wines & champagnes, event design, wedding gifts and help with regional travel.