When planning the decor for your wedding, there may be no more versatile accent choice than metallics. They can be subtle, dramatic, glittering or reflective. Gold, silver or copper, matte or sparkling – metallics can be paired with any color palette and look amazing no matter your style. While some brides choose to employ small accents, others go all out and make the glitz the star of the show! At Griffin’s Floral Designs, we love it all. From the perfect bridal flowers to memorable reception decor, we are your Columbus area wedding experts.
When Emily chose her color scheme, silver metallics took center stage. Her bridesmaids were outfitted in sparkling silver tea length dresses, for a modern and sleek look that perfectly offset the peach and white florals.
The contemporary look and feel continued inside, with silver chair accents and silver chargers, with low level candlelight to bring out the glamor and ambiance.
Metallic accents can be front and center, or play a more supporting role. No matter how you use them, they catch the light and add an element of romance to any setting. Some additional ways that brides have incorporated glimmering metallics into their celebration include:
* Gold or silver filigree accents on invitations, place cards, vases,and goblets, or the wedding cake.
* Glittery shoes and purses for bridesmaids
* Unique vintage look decor items such as candelabras, birdcages, pedestals, lanterns or bowls
* Flowers hung from metal shepherds hooks in outdoor weddings
* Edible gold or silver glitter or icing details on cakes and desserts
* Antique gold or silver tea light holders
* Natural branches and flowers painted gold or silver, or covered in metallic glitter.
The possibilities are endless, and how you use metallics is up to you. But one thing is sure, this is one trend that is here to stay. To create a wedding that sparkles and shines, call the wedding planners at Griffin’s Floral Design. We have hundreds of area weddings in our portfolio – so whether you are getting married in New Albany, Pataskala, Newark or Columbus, we are your choice for the memorable wedding you’ve always dreamed of .